Saturday, October 11, 2008

Kermis & Petal Pounding

I helped my sister Ellen today in the Garden Club/Historical Society booth at the 27th Anual Kermis Dutch Festival.
I helped Ellen demonstrate petal pounding as taught to us by our sister Jane. Tons of people stopped by the Garden Club/Historical Society booth to try their hand/hammer at it. Everyone really liked it & some of the kids came back 3 times to do it again. It was pretty much fun!

We used Jane's projects for examples as to what the finished product would look like. Pretty Nice!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, this was a fun experience! Fun being able to spend the day with Vicki! I never would have been able to do it without her. Wow, was it busy! Once we finially got to sit down I could hardly walk again from standing all day! Of course Vicki tells me to at least stand up straight because I looked like an old lady. After a few steps, I could stand up and even walk without too much discomfort. Missed alot of Kermis. I really want to see the Friesian horse-(a Dutch breed of horse-There is a proviance in Holland by the same name). He was there and gone before I knew it.

Ellen

Anonymous said...

Next year you will have to go to Kermis just to SEE and not DO!

If it's earlier in the fall maybe I can come!

~jane

Anonymous said...

That was funny seeing her walk that way! You would have laughed if you were there too!

Connie said...

I should have come. I have a ton of pounding I want to get done before there are no petals to be found. Although, we got a ton done around the house. You will have to come see.
C