Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Ellen!

Tomorrow, November 20th, is my sister's birthday. She is 17 1/2 months older than I am but I always say she is 2 years older than I am because from November until April there are 2 numbers between her age & my age. As an example, when she turned 27 I was 25 & that is 2 years difference.
Anyway, there were SO many pictures to choose from & sometimes I couldn't choose so I put them all in & I know there are more but I had to stop looking because I have too may photo albums to look through all of them.
She is the first born in our family & here is our mom with her first born child. This is my favorite picture of all!

Here she is in a Radio Flyer!

and swinging in the park


in a coat & hat that Grandma made out of dad's Navy dress blue uniform

First Communion Day

hobo for holloween

on the front porch~the front porch was our stage for having our pictures taken


I believe this is her first 2 wheeler

here she is as a Brownie

and a Girl Scout


8th grade graduation

High School Graduation


With her boyfriend Louie

with her husband, Louie

at her wedding with family & friends

Family picture at Kim's baptism
telling Kim what flowers are


Here are her babies, Bryan & Kim ~all grown up

At Bryan & Shayni's wedding

Family Christmas 2007


At Kermis 2008
She has a beautiful garden...
and she even made me a float!
Happy Birthday, Ellen, I love you!









11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love all these photos! So much fun; especially the high school graduation hat!!
Happy Birthday Ellen~~!!

Connie said...

Happy Birthday Auntie Ellen. I would post on your blog or facebook, but you don't have one. So I hope you check here.
Blessings,
Connie

anne said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUNT ELLEN!!!
love, Justin,Anne, Max & Evan

I LOVE the hobo picture...old pictures are so fun! :)

Milk Drinker said...

Actually the graduation hat picture is 8th grade

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ellen!!
Love your pictures!
TK

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the birthday greetings! And thanks to Vicki for such a fine tribute! Aren't those some fun photos. That first photo is one that was taken in Rochester, New York when they took me to visit mom's family. The first born gets to do those things you know!

Ellen

Anonymous said...

I was going to say the same thing about that hat....wow....you went all out for the 8th grade graduation picture. Lucky (for me) that wasn't a hande-me-down. I like looking at the old photos...those are neat. Great post and Happy B-Day MOMMY. KIM.

Milk Drinker said...

Kim, I think we might find that hat some place when we clean out the house in Cedarburg! Don't worry though because it is definitely an inheritance that is rightfully yours!

Anonymous said...

Hi Vicki - So enjoyed your tribute to Ellen, and naturally had to visit all of your other pages! Absolutely charming - I love the way you write - so much humor & love involved. And all the photos made me so nostalgic for you both and for your wonderful community. Thanks so much!

Lynn

Anonymous said...

Belated Happy Birthday, Ellen! I liked the last couple of pictures, reminds me of home :)

Greetings from Europe,

John

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the birthday greeting from near and far! It was a week of celebrating!

Ellen