Monday, December 7, 2009

86 Years Ago...

my mom was born...
she had 1 sister...Aunt Jeanne~I talked to her yesterday & she told me that on my mom's 18th birthday, her & my mom went to the movie theater & when they came back to their Aunt's house, everyone was gathered around the radio to hear the news that Pearl Harbor was bombed by Japan...

me & mom in 1982...



Mom with her boys in 2000



Mom & her girls probably in 1982





Mom with her 1st great grandaughter~she loved being a grandma





Mom with her first 2 grandchildren








Mom with more grandchildren




She left this world on September 21, 2006 & I miss her very much. It was an honor for me to be with her the last week of her life.







3 comments:

quiltermom2 said...

I'm sorry for your loss. She was an important woman in yours and many other peoples lives. I lost my grandmother to lung cancer September 11, 2008 and I miss her more than I loved her I think. Women are a special part of peoples lives and without them we wouldn't be the women we are today. They are smiling down on us every minute of everyday.

Milk Drinker said...

Thank you. She was the glue that hel our family together.

Jane said...

Such a great tribute to her! I love the photos you have!

I had a dream last night that I was trying on dresses and she came to help me pick one. When she arrived I said, "You look good." and she said, "I am good." I know it doesn't mean anything but it gave me a good feeling when I woke up just the same.